The Balancing Act

For the last week and the next two weeks I have been working on this balancing act of weight maintenance. I have chosen a start date for my experiment and I don't want to skew the results. I don't want to gain weight because that would suck and just plain be counterproductive but I also don't want to loose weight yet because I am set on the idea of a structured experiment with a start date (though no particular end date). I want to track and measure my results in a determined and methodical way. Sure, I could start generally eating a little better, but then it would mess with the data. Although I really want to just start now, I am making myself wait. I am trying to keep the good habits that I usually have and still allow some of the bad ones even if I don't feel any particular desire for them anymore. I might just be a tad bit insane.

I did discover that sugar seems to contribute significantly to my anxiety levels. I know that many people out there are slapping their foreheads and thinking, "Well thank you Captain Obvious!" but firstly my superhero name is totally Sarcasto Girl, not captain obvious, and secondly, I had long suspected the connection, but had never been sugar free long enough and then back on sugar to see what a HUGE difference it really makes. Being anxious makes me want a soda…

Behold, the cycle of fat pants doom.

Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil. – Aristotle

In other news, I received a letter from my insurance today stating that I had won the Great Battle of Kendra got run over and needs her medical expenses paid. They paid up! I can now go back to my physical therapist. He has a hot French accent. There was also a super hot black guy there who was an assistant and who I got to work with frequently. I hope that he's still there. I had a secret crush on him.

0 comments:



Post a Comment